Heather is a veterinarian turned full-time rock climber from Las Vegas, NV. She practiced small animal medicine in Las Vegas for 5 years and was a weekend warrior sport climbing on local sandstone and limestone.
She met her husband Chris at the cliff, and she quit her day job to be able to pursue her passion for traveling and climbing. Since quitting her job three years ago she’s been able to push her limits with sport climbing, but recently has expanded her focus to traditional climbs. 2014 was a breakthrough year for her, redpointing her first 5.14b sport climb in Rifle, CO called Stockboy’s Revenge, and her first 13 trad line called Musta’ Been High, in Eldorado Canyon, CO, a 13c R/X. Her biggest weakness is her love for being outdoors, and knows she should be indoors training more.
When she’s not climbing she loves hugging all animals, yoga, reading, hiking, vegetarian cooking, and riding horses. She’s excited to continue living the climber’s life, and hopes to inspire others to reach their goals in climbing and life.
- Stockboy’s Revenge 8c (14b) Redpoint Sport, Rifle, CO
- Musta’ Been High 8a+ (13c R) Redpoint Trad, Eldorado Canyon, CO
- Mon Pote Assis 8b+ (14a) Redpoint Sport, Mt. Potosi, NV
- The Gayness 8b+ (14a) Redpoint Sport, Rifle, CO
- Blue Light Special 8a (13b) Onsight Sport, Tensleep, WY
- Cosmopolitan 7c (12+) First Ascent Trad, Green River, UT