Jules is a passionate climber based in Sheffield, whose love for pushing her limits has already led to numerous successes in sport climbing. Jules made the jump from her childhood home of London and moved to Sheffield for university, a decision which she believes enabled her to get ‘properly hooked’ on climbing, and hasn’t looked back since.
Jules has been climbing for about 11 years now and enjoys all forms of climbing but it is sport climbing where she likes to really push her grade. In 2008 Jules went to live in Barcelona for 6 months, and whilst she was there started training with a climbing coach. Although Jules is now back in the UK she still trains with the same coach, and travels to Barcelona every 2-3 months so that he can keep an eye on her progress.
“The training is hard, and it involves a big commitment of time and effort. I typically train 2-4 sessions a week indoors and climb outside both days at the weekend. On top of this I also have to fit in the odd run or two. But it is also great fun, and the improvement I am making is enabling me to realise my climbing dreams.
There are many reasons I love climbing. I love the gymnastic movement, the problem-solving, the physical challenge, the feeling of satisfaction when you tick a hard route or boulder problem, being outdoors in the countryside, and the social scene. I guess you could say I am a bit of a fanatic!”
- Predator (8b), Malham Cove
- Planeta (8a+), Baltzola
- Renko y los Turistas (8a+), Baltzola
- Raindogs (8a), Malham Cove
- Call of Nature (8a), Raven Tor
- Los Veteranos (8a), Chulilla
- Alt Urgell (7c), Tres Ponts - onsight
- Daños Colateralos (7b+), Chulilla - onsight
- Ben’s Roof(7C), Raven Tor
- British Speed Climbing Championships 2014 - 3rd place
- British Lead Climbing Championships 2014 - 10th place