Stefan started skiing at the age of three. His passion and talent led him to quickly become a ski racer. After he stopped competing as a teenager, he started his ski instructor and guiding exams. By the age of 21 he had become an examiner for top-level ski instructors in Austria.
Stefan moved to the Arlberg region, in Austria, and worked as an off-piste ski guide for the Ski Akademie St. Christoph in Arlberg. Things didn’t stop there though. He started to train hard and improve on dropping cliffs and skiing big lines. It didn’t take him long to get into the Freeride World Tour where Stefan was competing for almost one decade. He reached his goal of becoming one of the best competition Freeride skiers in the world. Winning several Freeride competitions, including the Freeride World Tour Stop in Fieberbrunn, Austria.
After his active competition career, Stefan together with the Skiclub Arlberg founded a Junior Freeride Team and now passes on his knowledge to the next generation of skiers. He coaches them at various events and educates them on avalanche safety skills. In addition to this, Stefan is working closely with his partners in the R&D of their products.
Notable Ascents & Movies
- Descent of Kuchenspitz (3148m)
- 3 Decents of Albonakopf (2238m)
- 8 top 5 results in the Freeride World Tour
- 9 years on the Freeride World Tour
- 1 victory in the Freeride World Tour
- 4 victories in other Freeride competitions
- UMSCHWUNG, SCHNEEWALLFAHRT, DASEIN, Servus TV Nadine Wallner, Spirit of Ski 1, Spirit of Ski Elements, Spirit of Ski Chapter 3, HIKE2Ride, HIKE 3, LOST AND FOUND