Combining years of experience with the latest technologies and fabrics, we are proud to create groundbreaking products that revolutionise the way people dress in the mountains. Always embracing innovation our clothing and equipment shows a deep understanding of the environment our products are worn in and an evident passion for the outdoors.
Rab design, develop, market and sell outdoor apparel and softgoods / equipment.
The design and development resource is split into two teams: Designers who take concepts to final prototypes, and Developers / Technologists who take the prototypes through to production. The two teams work alongside each other in this process. For each project, a lead designer and lead developer take responsibility and ownership for delivering the project.
The Brand produces two ranges per year; the Autumn Winter season has the largest range with a smaller range for the Spring Summer season.
- Ensure product is commercially manufacturable and viable for production
- Liaise with buying team and factories to deliver correct product on time and to the required specification
- Manage a complex program of factories and buying dates and ensure the development/production teams deliver to this schedule
- Create and manage a critical path to deliver product as required
- Plan and ensure adherence to a critical path
- Liaise with overseas factories
- Liaise with overseas QC and development teams
- Manage, motivate and corall the development teams on MQQ, fabric and factory issues and limitations to promote early resolution of potential issues
- Visit and assess overseas factories
- Manage the brands QC standards and teams
- Ensure product sizing and grading is correct and adhered to
- Build relationships and maintain expectations with suppliers and manufacturers - constant follow up and some travel is required
- Work with vendors, logistics,and QC to ensure products are delivered on time and with as few defects/issues as possible
- Report progress of all programs out to cross functional teams
- Perform ad-hoc sourcing, development and costing projects when the needs arise
- Manage counter costing and resourcing
- You must have a minimum of 5 years industry experience - taking garments from concept to warehouse
- Fabric, trim and construction knowledge
- Proficiency with managing databases, ERM and PLM systems
- Systems thinker, who is willing to evaluate current process and make thoughtful adjustments to continuously optimise
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, constantly searching for more efficient ways to do things
- Quick learner - willing to get their 'hands dirty'
- Insanely organised with keen attention to detail
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- An intelligent individual with a propensity for fun
- Relevant degree
- Knowledge and passion for the outdoors and the outdoors industry
What we can offer you in return:
A competitive salary, company bonus scheme, pension and life assurance, flexible working schemes and an early finish on Fridays. Great staff discounts on our products and we offer a wide range of reciprocal trade discounts on climbing, bikes, camping, sailing and running equipment. We have a casual dress code and we operate an open and friendly company with a relaxed environment but we work hard to get the job done. We have great modern office facilities and free on-site parking.
Please note the position will be based at the offices located close to Junction 28 of the M1 in Derbyshire and does not involve sales based travel.
Equip Outdoor Technologies UK Ltd based in Alfreton, Derbyshire specialise in the design and marketing of technical outdoor clothing and equipment. Our experienced and enthusiastic team develop innovative designs, manufactured to the highest standard and brought to market throughout the world. Equip Outdoor Technologies own and operate two leading aspirational outdoor brands Rab and Lowe Alpine. For further information on Equip please visit our website at www.equipuk.com.
To apply please go to our portal.
The closing date is 30th September 2019
NO AGENCIES PLEASE