Due to the company’s continued growth, we have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Import Merchandiser to join our professional buying team at our Head Office in Alfreton, Derbyshire.
Reporting to the Head of Buying, the main purpose of the role is to manage stock targets taking into account both raw materials and finished stock levels, working closely with suppliers in the Far East and other internal departments.
- React to changes in demand and logistics in such a way as to minimize the impact on the business
- Analyse trends and liaise with internal parties to predict future patterns and buy responsibly and with budgetary factors, inventory levels, and the factory relationship at the heart of your decisions
- Maintain and develop relationships with the supplier base
- Develop a close relationship with other departments to ensure supply is kept as efficient as possible
- Maximise inventory availability whilst minimizing stock of holding both raw materials (in conjunction with the Fabric Specialist) and finished goods
- Raise purchase orders with suppliers as well as being responsible for tracking progress
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Previous experience in a merchandising position is essential from a retail or import merchandising background
- Intermediate/Advanced level of Excel and other Microsoft packages
- Ideally educated to degree level or hold a relevant qualification
- Experience of using Navision or a similar ERP software would be an advantage
- Knowledge or previous experience of working within a Supply Chain environment is desirable but not essential
- Excellent organizational, communication and negotiation skills and the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Conscientious and self-motivated and must be able to work within a team and on own initiative, with minimal supervision
- Experience of dealing with Far Eastern suppliers would be an advantage
What we can we offer you in return:
A competitive salary, company bonus scheme, pension and life assurance, flexible working schemes and an early finish on Fridays. Great staff discounts on our products and we offer a wide range of reciprocal trade discounts on climbing, bikes, camping, sailing and running equipment. We have a casual dress code and we operate an open and friendly company with a relaxed environment but we work hard to get the job done. We have great modern office facilities and free on-site parking.
Equip Outdoor Technologies UK Ltd based in Alfreton, Derbyshire specialise in the design and marketing of technical outdoor clothing and equipment. Our experienced and enthusiastic team develop innovative designs, manufactured to the highest standard and brought to market throughout the world. Equip Outdoor Technologies own and operate two leading aspirational outdoor brands Rab and Lowe Alpine. For further information on Equip please visit our website at www.equipuk.com