Sylvain Thiabaud is a French climber whose endless passion for climbing keeps him busy all year round. From working hard sport climbs, to large ice falls and obscure multi-pitch aid routes, there is always something in condition. Sylvain also has an appetite for new routing of all kinds, with over a hundred new route to his name.
Splitting his time in the South-west of France in Toulouse (where he teaches Sport at the University) and the Maurienne Valley in the Alps, surrounded by three national parks, there is no shortage of new rock and ice to go at. In the unlikely event that nothing is in condition there is always skiing, mountain biking and adventure racing to be done, or exploring abroad
- 200 routes over 8a Frendo Spur Winner of the Les Balcons de la Baie adventure race Debout les Morts (8a)
- Calcite Cave, Kalymnos - onsight Corazon (8b)
- St-Antonin Noble Val Bolted Crétins des Alpes (8c/+)
- Maurienne valley Aloïs (ED, WI5+, A2+, M3, 210m)
- Cirque de Gavarnie The Shining (A3)