Calum has known the hills and mountains of North Wales since his earliest days and they have shaped his love of the outdoors and of mountain sports in particular. Working as an IFMGA Mountain Guide, Calum splits his time between Wales and the French Alps.
After an apprenticeship on the mountain crags and sea cliffs of Wales, it was alpinism and big wall climbing that particularly appealed to Calum, with free ascents of El Capitan and notable alpine routes such as Divine Providence on Mont Blanc climbed whilst still a teenager. In more recent years Calum has enjoyed discovering new routes near his home in Wales as well as further afield with first ascents in Patagonia, Jordan and Norway.
When not out climbing, Calum can often be found making the most of whatever the weather throws at him, be it paragliding, white water kayaking, running, biking or skiing. Outside of the extreme sport domain, Calum completes research work with a focus on diversity and inclusivity in outdoor recreation for a national charity and enjoys tinkling the ivories in the evenings as a way to relax.
- Dru Couloir Direct M8 / Gabarrou-Silvy M8+
- Indian Face, Rare Lichen, Gribin Wall Climb - Welsh E9’s
- Macleod-Muskett M8 First Ascent – Aguja Guillaumet, Patagonia
- Wall of Paine 7b+/A3+ First Ascent – Torre Sur, Patagonia
- Paciencia 8a – Eiger 3rd ascent
- Yalla Shabab 8a First Ascent in Wadi Rum, Jordan
- Golden Gate 5.13a El Capitan