Skiing is Geli’s passion, mountains are her life! She works as a fully certified, ski instructor and ski guide in winter and as a professional trekking guide in summer.
Geli was born, raised and still lives in a beautiful mountain house in Strengen in Arlberg, a small village close to St. Anton in Arlberg, Austria. She is married to Stefan Häusl and they have one daughter, Jana.
As a state-certified ski instructor and guide who has competed in freeride skiing and been part in many trekking and ski touring expeditions (such as in Alaska, Nepal, Greenland, Tibet, Iran and beyond). Geli’s aim is to inspire other people. She particularly likes guiding women only classes.
During summer, Geli works as a trekking and nature guide, organizing and leading hut-to-hut hikes through the Austrian Alps. In winter, she’s a ski instructor and off-piste guide, leading women's camps throughout the Arlberg, and guiding private groups of students to remote and unknown parts of her local mountains.
- International Cho Oyu (8201m) expedition from the Tibetan side
- Big wall climbing & sailing expedition in Greenland
- Skiing and Filming Expedition to the Andes, Argentina
- All female ski trip to Iran (movie: “Headscarf vs. Beanie”)
- Skitouring Expedition in the Wrangell Mountains, St. Elias National Park, Alaska
Image credit ©Nordica/Simon Rainer