Bronwyn is a professional rock climber and guide, based out of Squamish, Canada. Originally from rural Ontario, she grew up canoeing, hiking and skiing with her family. She started climbing at university and immediately fell in love with the sport. She has since climbed 13c sport and 13a trad, as well as many adventurous routes in Europe, Africa and North America. In November 2018 she became the first Canadian female to free climb El Capitan in Yosemite, CA, with her ascent of ‘Freerider' over five days. That was her fourth attempt in as many years, and a huge personal goal.
After dislocating her elbow bouldering that winter, she spent several months organizing an Arctic expedition to Baffin Island with her husband Jacob and two of her childhood adventure buddies, Thor and Zack. On the trip, the team climbed some big mountain faces including Mount Asgard (three times!) and Mount Thor, and accessed the mountains by packraft making the 6-week trip self-propelled from the Inuit community of Pangnirtung.
As a river guide for seven seasons, Bronwyn has led long whitewater trips across Canada, including a 52-day exploratory whitewater journey in the Yukon with ten 18-year-olds in 2017. In 2016 her and Jacob and a few friends ran technical whitewater into the Cirque of the Unclimbables in northern Canada and succeeded in getting Bronwyn's 54-year-old nonclimbing dad to the summit of the Lotus Flower Tower! Bronwyn became an ACMG Apprentice Rock Guide in 2019 and is now guiding multipitch adventures near Squamish, BC.
- Dr Bronner’s 2 in 1 (5.13 roof crack) First Ascent, Squamish, Canada in 2020
- Sendero Luminosa (7c/12d, 15 pitches sport) in-a-day free, El Potrero Chico, Mexico in 2020
- Freerider (7c+/13a, 32 pitch big wall) 5-day free ascent, El Capitan, Yosemite, USA in 2018
- The Optimator (trad 7c+/E7) Indian Creek, USA in 2018
- Mon Dieu (8a+/13c sport), Oliana, Spain in 2018
- Lotus Flower Tower (E3/5.11, 19-pitches) over 2 days with her non-climbing dad! Cirque of the Unclimbables, Canada in 2016
- 7 ascents of El Capitan, Yosemite
- In-a-day link-up of Astroman and the Rostrum (21 pitches combined). Second female to achieve this with no falls, Yosemite
- Moonlight Buttress (7c trad, 350m) 2-day big wall free ascent, Zion, USA in 2015
- Multiple E6/5.12 trad onsights, including Slice and Dice in Indian Creek, Fish Crack in Yosemite and Big Daddy Overhang in Squamish