AIARE Women’s Mentorship program | USA
• The Women’s Mentorship Program supports aspiring, new, and experienced women avalanche educators by:
• Hosting and providing scholarship funds for women’s-specific PRO1 and Instructor Training Courses
• Connecting women with mentors and community via application-based mentorship cohorts.
• And organizing events that include panel discussions and structured networking opportunities.
In partnership with Rab, the American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education is creating a community for women to connect with likeminded people and develop their avalanche education. The aim is to bolster women’s participation and engagement in avalanche education by building supportive communities of women.
“There’s something special about woman-to-woman mentorship. When another person you can identify with is crushing it at anything, it’s much easier to see yourself in their boots — the she can do it, I can do it mentality.”
- Amy Jane David, Athlete, AIARE Mentor